I have a confession for you all: I was super excited about this Grammy Awards. It's the first one to air since I started this blog and I was going to watch, tweet, and blog about "Musics big night!" Sadly, that night was far from big. It was minuscule and extremely underwhelming. I spent the majority of the evening wondering: Why are the Grammy Awards so boring?!??
Despite my limited attention span, I managed to watch the entire show. Here are some other life changing(read: trivial) questions that came to mind:
- Was I the only one who found the Aretha Franklin tribute underwhelming? Vocally, Jennifer Hudson, Christina Aguilera, Yolanda Adams, Martina McBride, and Florence Welch sounded great but it missed a certain...umph!
- Why was Lady Gaga's performance so dull?!? The song, outfit, and dancing were all extra bland.
- Will Janelle Monae ever wear an outfit that has color in it?
- Is Justin Bieber the reason why Usher insists on singing and dancing like a teen?
- At what point will Jada & Will tell Jaden that rapping just might not be his strong suit?
- Why do they invite rappers if they're going to bleep out half of what they say?
- Why was Cee-Lo dressed like Big Bird's cousin? And why did it work sooo well in an over-the-top way?
- Can Rihanna stop yodeling at every. freakin'. awards. show? In fact, she should limit the singing altogether and just dance.
- Did Eminem sign a contract stating he must look pissed off 24/7?
- Do the music Powers That Be think we believe Drake has chemistry with Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, or any random chick they put him on a track with? News flash: We don't.
Dearest readers, did you watch the 2011 Grammy Awards? What were your thoughts? Favorite/least favorite moments? Let a sista know!