I am currently participating in a 2 week writing workshop.We're mostly focusing on fiction writing and it's been amazing to be surrounded by people who not only love to write but are great at it! Just in week 1 we've done things like:
- Work on character profiles
- Write in Central Park
- Meet with an acquisitions editor for a publishing company
- Sit in Barnes&Noble and use photography books as writing inspiration (This, by the way, is a phenomenal idea! I highly recommend it)
- Study story stucture
- Meet with other writers and share feedback
- Watch various movie that exemplify strong writing and character development
- Spend LOTS of time walking around New York City. No exaggeration. We did about 5 miles in ONE day.
- Ate lots of good food(4 words: Dallas BBQ sticky wings), seen crazy sights(a messenger got pushed off his bike for not apologizing to someone), and laughed harder than should be allowed(more jokes than I could reference here)
Well all, that's it for now. I'll be back with a week 2 wrap-up to let you all know how everything worked out. Thanks for reading!!